PD for Colleagues


Our school has a few people who meet every Friday morning at 7 am to discuss the use of technology in the school. The principal, seeing the value of this core group of people, gave us the opportunity to run grassroots technology workshops on one of the professional development days. Generally, the teachers raved happily about getting pd that was useful and that didn't cost thousands of dollars, though there always seem to be a few detractors. (Yes, we did it for free.) My assignment was to train a dozen teachers in the use of Delicious and Netvibes. After the hour I felt that I had covered a lot of ground rather quickly and was concerned that people would not actually use the tools I had just shown them. My plan (we shall see if time allows) is to send my group periodic questions, tips, and links for their delicious.

No comments: