The Wonder of Options


I feel as though I spend hours every week just trying to keep up with the technology. In spite of the time investment, though, it does seem like a worthwhile effort in several regards. There are an incredible number and variety of tools that can be used by students to both access and present their understanding of scientific concepts. A couple initial ideas I have include discussions of issues or topics, presentation of lab reports, virtual science fairs, collaborative learning, sharing of ideas, and scientific or ethical debates. Some new-to-me tools that I have just begun to play with:


In exploring these sites, not only do I get to learn new things about the world - and I love learning new things - but I am working my brain to the point of pain which I recognize as keeping my brain healthy, in the same way that working out regularly is keeping my body healthy.

No comments: