Six Impossible Things


“There is no use trying,” said Alice, “one can’t believe impossible things.”
“I dare say you haven’t had much practice,” said the Queen. “When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, somedays I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” –Lewis Carroll


I’ve had this quote up on the wall of an unused room for years. I believe it is time to take it out and put it to practice once more. Over the holiday break I learned how to use several new technology tools, have “met” numerous interesting and engaging people, and replenished my thirst for learning. My hope is to keep that energy going while school is in session, for it can only help my students. I had no intention of making any resolutions, but there it is; if found me. Now to keep myself writing and interacting with the countless wise and wonderful people in the world.


Six things I would have thought impossible not too many breakfasts ago: Animoto; Twitter; blogging; embedding my own videos on my own website; getting all my magazines and news in one Netvibes place; and presenting my newfound skills to other teachers!

No comments: