Runaway Schedule

There are always daily occurances that can knock a planned lesson into plan B or C, but just one sick day can put me off-kilter for a week at school. Add to that a power outage school day, combined with three power outage days at home, and I felt like I was running on a treadmill that was out-pacing me. The curriculum doesn't change and the state test date doesn't change just because I had a couple of off days. Planning and preparation are key to a smooth-running classroom so when I get blips in my schedule I will only engage in a lesson or activity that I feel comfortable with. This means that new ideas need to wait. Schedule scrambling also means an increase in classroom clutter, but the students themselves are a great resource for helping pull the room into shape when lab supplies start stacking up. 

No comments: