Untitled Thoughts

Today I saw a bumper sticker that said

Even if people have different views of "God" (just take the word "God" off altogether if you have a problem with it), this sentiment seems to me the way it should be. No Exceptions. But its a hard thing to do.  I was reminded of Important Words to Be Happy:


      1. Free your heart from hatred.
      2. Free your mind from worries.
      3. Live simply.
      4. Give more.
      5. Expect less.

Christianity, Judaism, and Buddhism - the only religions I know anything about - all tell us to forgive others. I have been struggling with this "forgive everyone everything". The first step is not too hard, the step where I wish nothing bad befall another. Its those following steps that are difficult for actions which I view as "unforgivable". I will keep working at it, though, because until I forgive others I can not forgive myself and be truly happy.
What we think, we become.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts, we make the world.
- The Buddha

Link to a blog on forgiving ones self.

No comments: