How Is Your Response Time?


"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." - Charles Darwin

So have you noticed things changing?
How have you responded?

These questions come to my mind everyday, in everyday living and dealing with people.

But it mostly comes up in my work. Nothing moves slower than a bureaucracy, and schools are certainly bureaucratic dinosaurs. Innovation is scoffed at, frowned upon, and had better work the first time you try it or don't try it again. (OK, that was both cynicism and sarcasm.)

1 comment:

Mick said...

This is why, on my blog's "About McSkeptic," all I have is "I'm evolving." After a lifetime of changing careers every 10 years or so, I sometimes feel that my greatest ability/talent is adaptability. Which is a nice way of saying that I haven't yet figured out what I want to do when I grow up. :p